Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bill Maher, the anti-Patriot, the idiot

WOLF BLITZER: Do you think she (Sarah Palin) has a future nationally as a presidential candidate?

BILL MAHER: I don't know about a presidential candidate but I would never put anything past this stupid country.

BLITZER: So people are already complaining that you're calling the United States a stupid country and I'm giving you a chance to clarify.

MAHER: I don't need to clarify. It is.

BLITZER: Well, tell me why you think the United States is a stupid country.

MAHER: Because Sarah Palin could be president. I mean, please, do I need to expand on that any more? Uh, yeah, I do. I think this is in general... I mean, it's a big country. That's the great thing about it. There's 300 million people here. So, within this large country, there are tens of millions of very bright, intelligent people, you know, the ones who are watching us, um, not the ones who are writing the emails.

Uh, but, you know, in general, um, gosh, uh, you know, this country just gets dumber and dumber by the day. And uh, I don't think I have time on your show to list all the reasons.

BLITZER: But you, but you . . . this country did elect Barack Obama president of the United States.

MAHER: Look who he was running against. Yes. I mean, look at the situation. I mean, this was after 8 years of Bush, which was, you know, a pretty much, a disastrous presidency. Uh, John McCain was not a very attractive candidate. And of course, he picked Sarah Palin, uh, to run beside him, and uh, you know, given that choice, I think Americans, you know, came to the fore on that one. But just because they elected a bright guy doesn't mean they're bright.